Wednesday 27 April 2011

drive-by

I was pulling out of the mall parking lot today and I saw the most random sight ever. A massive, 15-ish person bike (there was around 5 rows of 3 seats in a line) just peddling down the road like it was no big deal. The bike was filled with people wearing brightly coloured ponchos and every so often I would see one of them lift up their hand and wave their hand clapper in the air (the coloured ones you get from the dollar store that make noise when you wave them obscenely back and forth). Please just imagine this for a minute. It was definitely not something you see everyday (or I've ever seen). Once I got closer I read a sign on the back which was for the heart and stroke foundation (or was it for MS? I feel bad for not getting this right), which said they were doing a biking fundraiser(which is awesome!). However, I did feel SO bad for them as they started their bike in the middle on a torrential downpour since I was cold enough inside my car, I couldn't imagine what it was like to be biking in it.


 :)

xoxo Bethany

1 comment: