Tuesday 26 April 2011

organizing-how fun

I actually like being able to organize things. The big question is how long it actually stays organized for. Isn't that with everyone? (Please agree with me)

Anyways, a while ago I took a shopping trip to IKEA. My friend and I went and the whole time we were dreaming of our future homes and how we would decorate them. What a FUN way to spend a day.

While I was there I picked up some fold-it-yourself cardboard boxes. Once I saw them I instantly knew what I would be using them for-my overstuffed, unorganized, hard to find anything craft/scrapbook boxes that I currently have. While my two ALDO boot boxes have been good to me, it was time to let them go. I wanted to have one nice box where all my stuff could be held!

I went and bought some cheap plastic containers to help organize my things better, but wasn't really sure how I was going to put everything together. While I started cleaning out my boxes I found some ribbon and thought up a little DIY project. Look what I came up with!

I think they look much cuter and less like a food storage container. About those old boxes of mine...want to see what they looked like?

 Pretty unorganized hey?
Instead of just having a big rectangle box filled with my things, I wanted to create some divisions to separate everything. I came up with this:

I used my old boxes by cutting and hot-gluing them together and fitting them ever so nicely inside the box. ( I know it's a little hard to distinguish the regular box from my additions)

After sorting through my stuff and organizing it all, I put my new box together!

 Isn't it just amazing? I love the separations. One side for paper, one for cards and the rest for the containers (which hold stick-ons, ribbon, markers, pens etc).

xoxo Bethany.

2 comments:

  1. Thats how it is with organizing my new house! My bathroom is super perfect and I really want it to stay that way! Will it happen? Probably not. My kitchen is super organized now too. I also think a bigger space means things are easier to keep clean and tidy. At least thats how it feels right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to organize. I always have problems organizing my stuff

    ReplyDelete