Tuesday 19 April 2011

Sticky Keys and Banana Bread

Banana bread is one of my weaknesses. I love it.  There are many yummy recipes out there and I recently took the time to find my own. Luckily, it worked and it will now be my permanent recipe!

A lot of the recipes I use are online, and I never really bother in printing them off to use (just because I never think of that until later) Therefore, ingredients such as flour and sugar find their way into my keyboard as I go back and look at the recipe. This is a side note, but at my work we have tills which have these plastic coverings that protect the keys from getting dirty (genius). Obviously, this is an amazing invention and I think it should be made for keyboards, particularly for this instance( I'm guessing that there is something like this out there, but for now, I will use my current invention). I put saran wrap over my keyboard-so simple and effective!

So, for the banana bread...First thing to do is gather the ingredients! I forgot to show it in this picture, but I also put in some cinnamon for extra flavor.
 Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Put the bananas, sugar and flour together in a bowl and mash, mash, mash!

Next, add eggs and mix again! Doesn't it look appetizing?...
After all these lovely ingredients are melded together, some dry stuff needs to be added! There is a lot of sugar in this recipe (sugar = yummy), but next time I'm going to try to add a little less or use some apple sauce instead. Next, mix it all together and it should look a little something like this after. Maybe a little less like scrambled eggs..
Lastly,  add some sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon (if you so desire) to the bowl and mix it all together. yummmmy. After this is done, pour the mixture into two greased pans (I used Pam to grease mine).


At this point you can either put them straight in the oven, or add some goodies to the top! I like to put chopped up walnuts and some chocolate chips for a little something-something. Unfortunately, my cupboard was out of walnuts, so chocolate chips gone solo it was!
Bake at 325 for 55 minutes, or until the middle comes clean! It'll look a little something like this:
 YUM! Let it cool a bit (if you can wait that long), slice up, serve and enjoy!
 

 Banana Bread-recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen


 2 whole bananas
1-3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter (melted)
3 whole eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
3 tablespoons sour cream, heaping
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Walnuts, chocolate chips (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease 2 loaf pans. (I just used Pam)
3. Mash bananas, sugar & melted butter together.
4. Add eggs and mix
5. Add dry ingredients and mix.
6. Add sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon
7. Evenly pour the mixture between the two loaf pans
8. Sprinkle walnuts/chocolate chips on top (if desired)
9. Bake at 325 for 55 minutes.

Enjoy!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany! I am so excited about this! Your pictures are fab! I need to take some lessons from you!!! And I love how your blog look is so simple and cute! Thats always what I am going for but it never turns out that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that is a brilliant idea for your keyboard! I usually put my laptop on the far side of my island so I don't spill anything on it but then I feel like I'm constantly walking over to it because I forget what the next step is!

    ReplyDelete