Thursday 12 May 2011

Hungry, Hungry, Hippo

First off, does anyone else use groupon ? If you haven't, you should definitely check it out! That is how the BF and I found our way to the zoo. Sure $20.00 per person to get in isn't TERRIBLE, but getting in for $10.00 per person? That is more like it.

Since it's been non-stop horrible weather here lately, we were lucky that the rain had stopped the morning we were going to the zoo (because really, who wants to walk around the zoo when it's a downpour? Not I). It was such a fun afternoon, even though the animals weren't co-operating with me as much as I would like them to have ( they could have been nice and came over and said hi, but most of them just slept so I couldn't see their beauty. So stubborn).

Here are some highlights from the day! I unfortunately forgot my camera at home-bummer! However, good thing cell phones have decent cameras on them.

This is one of the first animals we saw! Once we saw the camel we both started singing "Sally the camel has 2 humps..."

He was very angry looking. But his feathers were so gorgeous!

He broke my heart because he looked so sad. Poor Eeyore.


Hungry, Hungry, Hippo's! 

We timed our walk perfectly and made it just in time for the feeding of the Hippo's! We were also told that one of them is the Telus Hippo that you see in the commericails!

Here is Kyle with his favourite animals! 

Ah, and then we went and saw my favourite-the giraffes. I just think they are such a gorgeous animal!



Look how close I got! :)


What are your favourite zoo animals?

3 comments:

  1. These are some pretty sweet pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I remember singing Sally the Camel in guides ALLL the time !

    ReplyDelete