Wednesday 25 May 2011

Strawberry Chocolate Pie

I was going to a birthday party the other day and was asked to bring an appetizer or dessert with me. I wanted to try something new, so I looked around online in hope of some inspiration! The original dessert I wanted to make needed to chill for 3 whole hours and I definitely did not have that much time! Instead I found this quick, easy, delicious looking pie (if you want to call it a pie). Once I read the recipe I instantly knew that I needed to make it. What's better than a dessert that has strawberries AND Nutella in it!? The result was delicious and I will definitely make it again when I need to make something semi quickly.


Yup. It is a delicious dessert and will definitely satisfy any cravings you may have.

I didn't save the website where the recipe is from, so I cannot give credits where credits are due. However, I am fully aware that I did not create this concoction.

Ingredients

Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Toppings:
About half a standard size jar of Nutella
2-ish cups of sliced strawberries
sugar to sprinkle over top

Directions

Preheat your oven to 350.  Lightly grease a pie plate then stir together your graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until it's all combined. Put the mixture onto your pie plate and press onto the bottom and sides of your dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the shell is crisp (but not too crisp. I ended up accidently leaving mine in too long, which resulted in a too crispy crust). After it's done, remove from the oven and let it completely cool.

Once it's cooled, spread the Nutella in an even layer on top of the crust. Then arrange your strawberries in a spiral on top of the Nutella. Sprinkle with a little bit of sugar, just because. Eat. Enjoy. Be merry. Have people fall in love with you. Be thanked. Give your taste buds a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment